We are Ireland’s largest and longest established catering and food service equipment company.
Stephens Catering Equipment (SCE), originally part of the long-established Stephens Supplies Group which was founded in 1899 by Mr E.K Stephens and Mr C.E Walkington. In 1917 Capt. Walkington was killed during WWI. In 1945, Lt W.L (Billie) Stephens re-joined the family firm returning a war hero from service in WW2, after escaping from Colditz Camp.
Thomas Caves joined Stephens Supplies in 1969 and the company underwent a rebrand in 1975 where Stephens Supplies became Stephens Catering Equipment under the new ownership of Thomas and Elizabeth Caves.
Stephens Catering Equipment set up their Lifford office acquiring Donegal Catering Equipment in 1982. Caterquip was formed in 1985 and continues to be based in Belfast. The Republic of Ireland division was set up in 1992 with the opening of their office in Dublin. The growth did not stop at that, SCE Scotland was founded in 2014 further expanding the company to cover Scotland and Northern England.
A great achievement from humble beginnings at the foot of Slemish Mountain in the picture-perfect area of Broughshane in Co. Antrim. The business continues to be family run with Paul Caves and Julie Morrissey heading up the company. Stephens Catering Equipment are consistently amongst the largest food service equipment companies in Ireland and the UK, having a long track record of delivering some of the most prestigious landmark projects across the market.